Healthy Recipes: Tuna tataki with mushrooms risotto
Healthy tuna recipe
Tuna is an oily fish high in protein and Omega 3 which, although we should not take it too often because is high in mercury, we can occasionally add it to our diet because it gives very good results in special occasions. It also has a high calcium content and provides important vitamins like Vitamin A or Vitamin D.
What is tuna tataki?
The tataki (also called tosa-mi) is a Japanese traditional way of preparing fish and consists of cutting the fish into pieces of considerable thickness to mark it on all four sides in a hot plate, leaving it practically raw inside. Sometimes, to prepare tataki fish can be marinated previously (for example, using a mixture of vinegar with a little ground ginger).
Tuna tataki recipe with mushroom risotto and mirim reduction
It can be accompanied with many side dishes like vegetables or legumes but combines especially well with a risotto to taste. Today we propose the mushroom risotto but soon we will share other options such as pumpkin risotto.
Ingredients (for 4 or 5 serving approximately)
- 200g mixed mushrooms
- 250g brown rice
- 100 ml of soy cream
- 1 teaspoon of saffron
- Mushrooms water as needed (if not available, normal water can be used)
- 50 ml of organic olive oil
- 100 ml of mirim
- 5g of rice syrup
- 25g chives
- 25g chervil
Way of preparation
1. For the tuna tataki, we take the skin and nerves out of the tuna. We portion the fillet in strip of a square diameter and reserve until the end to mark it on the heat on each of the sides.
2. For the mushrooms risotto: the rice, previously boiled for 30 minutes, is placed in the saucepan with the mushrooms already cooked, the cream, the saffron and the mushroom water. Let it cook until the flavors mix and the texture becomes the one of the rissotto.
3. For the mirim reduction, place in a souté the mirim along with the rice syrup on the heat until acquires the adequate texture and the syrup crystallizes.
4. Presentation of the dish: first serve the mushroom risotto, place some pieces of tuna tataki hot off the heat on top and garnish it with mirin syrup.
We hope you like it!
- Healthy recipe: millet vegetarian burger
- Healthy Recipes: Sesame salmon and rice noodle salad
- Healthy Recipes: Tuna Tartar
- Detox diet: prepare your body for Christmas