Healthy Recipes for Easter Holidays
Healthy recipes for Easter: fried milk with hot chocolate and French toast with nougat ice-cream
Hi all! In these special dates there are many traditional Easter recipes that can not fail in our homes like French toast, fried milk or donuts. However, most Easter recipes are essentially based on bad ingredients for our health such as sugar and refined flour.
From SHA we always encourage you to follow a healthy diet and to avoid unhealthy foods and, therefore, we recommend replacing these ingredients by other healthier foods such as spelled flour or natural syrups to sweeten your healthy recipes for Easter holidays. At Christmas and we gave you a few general tips and share the recipe for unsweetened chocolate donuts, and today we bring you two new recipes for Easter Holidays that follow these same healthy principles: we change the traditional French toast with some spelled French toast and the traditional fried milk for fried coconut milk.
1. Spelled French toast with nougat ice cream
Ingredients for ten serving approximately:
For the French toast:
- Spelled baguette 600g
- Almond Milk 1 liter
- Lemon peel 2 units
- Cinnamon sticks 6 units
- Rice syrup 250g
- Rice syrup 400g
- Organic Sunflower Oil 100 gr
For the nougat ice cream:
- Soy cream 250 gr
- Oat milk 1000 gr
- Rice syrup 100g
- Agave syrup 100 gr
- Agar-agar 5 g
- Cashew Paste 300 gr
Instructions for Easter French toast:
- Infuse the milk with the lemon peels, the cinnamon and the rice syrup and let cool.
- Cut the spelled baguette into slices and remove the bark 4cm each slice, trying to leave 7cmx4cm rectangles.
- Leave the spelled bread soak for 6-8 hours in the cold infusion.
- Mop the slices of bread on all sides in a mixture of molasses and oil previously placed on a plate and fry with little oil equally on all sides.
Instructions for nougat ice cream:
- Bring to boil all ingredients except the cashew paste at medium heat for 5 minutes approx.
- Weigh the paste in the Thermomix and turbinar at full power with the mixture warm. Freeze until it is the desired texture.
2. Fried coconut milk with hot chocolate
Ingredients for ten servings:
For the fried milk:
- Coconut milk 500 ml
- Oat Milk 500 ml
- Cornstarch 50 g
- Wholemeal flour 35 gr
- Canela 5 gr
- Agave 200 ml
- Kudzu 10 gr
- Agar-agar 2.5 g
For the hot chocolate:
- Soy cream 125 gr
- Water 350 ml
- Agave 200 gr
- Pure cocoa powder 90 gr
Instructions for Easter fried milk:
- Measure the coconut milk and oat milk together, reserve 300 ml of the total mixture and bring to a boil else with cinnamon, agave and agar-agar.
- Dissolve the kudzu in water and add to first mixture when it reaches a boil. Homogenize the flour and cornstarch with 300ml of the reserved mixture and add boil for 5 minutes left, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Put in a rectangular mold and freeze.
- Cut frozen fried milk in 3x3cm cubes and fry them slowly without sticking to the bottom. Sprinkle with cinnamon while they are still warm.
Instructions for hot chocolate: Boil all ingredients, stir eventually, let cool and store. Heat just before serving.
We hope you like them!