Healthy recipe: millet vegetarian burger
Healthy recipe: veggie bean burger with millet
Burger lovers have discovered in vegetarian burger recipes a great alternative to enjoy new and exotic flavors. With this variety, they have shown that a veggie burger can still be delicious without meat or fat.
The meatless burgers can also become an excellent dish full of vitamins, and normally they are made by mixing vegetables, beans and cereals. Sometimes you can add nuts, fruits, vegetal milks, oils or bread crumbs (always made from wheat flour).
What is millet?
Millet is a whole grain cereal that is very beneficial for our body. In addition to providing the necessary energy to our body, millet is rich in iron, and it is a complex carbohydrate that can be consumed by diabetics as well as celiac people as it is a gluten-free cereal.
Among all its health benefits we would like to highlight:
- Millet is low in fat and cholesterol.
- Millet is high in phosphorus, mineral that gives us vitality both physically and mentally.
- Millet is a whole grain cereal that produces antioxidant and benefits for the immune system.
- Millet is very rich in vitamin B therefore it is beneficial to cope with stress and generate states of relaxation.
- 3 cups cooked millet
- ½ grated onion
- 1/2 grated carrot
- 1 teaspoons mustard
- 3 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- Organic virgin olive oil
Mash cooked millet with hands whilst adding the onion and the carrot, and the salt and the pepper at your own choice. With damp hands, form the paste into round burgers and fry them with little oil for 3 – 4 minutes each or until golden brown.
The veggie burger can be served with salad and some natural sauce such as tamari soy sauce. If desired, serve it with bread, better spelled bread or rye bread, made from whole grain flour which are healthier for us.
- Gluten free recipe for celiacs
- Halloween recipe: pumpkin cream
- Tips to stop smoking without gaining weight
- Healthy Recipes: Zucchini and mint cream