Benefits of spelt bread
Why should we take spelt bread?
What is spelt?
Spelt is a type of wheat from which the different variants we know today have emerged. However, now is when it is becoming more popular, and this is due to the many advantages and health benefits of buckwheat.
- Spelt is a variety of wheat that has not been tampered or crossed with other varieties, making it purer.
- Spelt contains more vitamins and minerals than common wheat and is especially rich in B vitamins and vitamin E.
- Spelt bread also contains all 8 essential amino acids, and thanks to having vitamin B2, these amino acids are metabolized by the body better.
- Spelt is high in tryptophan, an element that contributes to our mental and emotional wellbeing. Tryptophan is an amino acid associated with humorous, interesting in cases of depression and decay.
- Spelt is more digestible than common wheat because it has less of gluten and it’s high fiber, which makes it interesting for people with wheat allergy, which occasionally may consume without problems. However, celiac people can not consume it.
- Its high fiber content makes it an excellent food for constipation problems.
- Spelt is rich in essential fatty acids, important for proper brain function.
The multiple benefits of buckwheat make spelled flour is a very interesting option for people who frequently consume bread. It is important, however, not forget that spelled bread should be made from whole spelt flour, because if we prepare a refined flour bread, we would eliminate many of the nutrients it gives us.
It is very important to note that the bread should be made with sourdough. Bread made with leavening undergoes a process similar to a seed when it grows redox and becomes a plant , however the same process in other breads is similar to a seed when they die. This makes the bread made with sourdough feels good while the second can cause indigestion, flatulence, mucus buildup, etc. In addition, the naturally leavened bread with sourdough is kept in good long time if stored in a cool dry place , and can hold up to five or ten days.