Collagen and its functions
How to prevent the aging of our skin
As much as we try hard, our skin at the age of 20 begins to change, so for that reason it is very important to be well prepared and have a good amount of amino acids which are essential to produce a high level of collagen and help to eliminate any problems that may arise in our skin and at the same time prevent premature aging of our skin.
The passage of time affects to different parts of the body, and as for skin concerns, the most common are the neck, face, chest and hands.
Women ‘s skin is more damaged tha men’s skin. In the women, factors such as sun exposure, pollution and hormonal status are harmful to face and neck . However, men’s skin operates differently and is less affected by these factors.
What is collagen ?
Collagen is a key protein to bring vitality, smoothness and firmness to the skin. Collagen helps to minimize the effects of the face gestures. Its exceptional moisturizing action softens and smoothes the skin very effectively with surprising results.
There are many types of collagen, but can be grouped into two main groups:
1. The collagen surface of the face, neck ..
2. Collagen Deep is also an important part of our bones.
The collagen can act as mattress on the fibers of the dermis and recover the skin , providing a unique volume and elasticity.
The collagen in bone
Did you know that 30 % of bone composition consists of collagen?
Although what is known of collagen is to restore elasticity to the skin, collagen also has an essential role in the care of the bones and muscles, favoring to prevent osteoporosis and arthritis.
Tips for skin care:
The type of skin you have is part of your genetics, but also diet and lifestyle has important influence to improve or impair the condition of your skin.Some tips to keep skin young and healthy are:
- Use sun skin protection every day of the year. Also helps to protect our skin, to avoid the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol as free radicals are enemies of collagen- Take antioxidants daily
- Combat stress with acupuncture, yoga or tai chi
- Sleep well: sufficient number of hours and adequate sleeping quality- Maintain a healthy and balanced diet: eating foods high in Omega 3 such as walnuts or flax seeds. Other vegetal sources of collagen are macadamia nuts, sesame seeds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
- Drink plenty of water
- Do sport, preferably outdoors
Collagen is a magical protein as it is the quintessential secret to maintain a youthful skin for longer.
And you, how do you care your skin?